Exporting Your Old Data Is A Simple 1-2-3 Process
Your dedicated GovQA Implementation Engineer will be there to assist every step of the way
The most critical part of switching systems is ensuring that no requests fall through the cracks. Previous requests should be exported to maintain a history of requests and build a public-facing request library, if desired. Our dedicated implementation team will be there to assist you every step of the way.
- From the ALL REQUESTS page, check “Open” and “Closed” checkboxes to download all requests in the system
- Click the “Save current view” button, name the view, and click the “Run Report” button.
- Once the page refreshes, click on the “Download (.xlsx)” button.
- Save the file locally to provide to your GovQA Implementation Engineer.
*Note: If you don’t want to import all requests but simply want to preserve the requests published in the search library, only select the “Published” checkbox when creating your view.
Templates used to communicate with requesters through your current system can be easily copied and pasted. Your Implementation Engineer will ensure they are properly imported into your new GovQA system.
- Navigate to the Admin dashboard and click on “templates”
- Highlight all the text on the page, copy it by right clicking and selecting “copy”.
- Paste this into a word processing program (like Word), save the document, and provide it to GovQA.
- We will build out these templates plus any additional templates you need, and demonstrate how our Merge Tags allow you to enhance these communications to requesters by personalizing the text.
- Repeat the process for the “Closure Responses” which are located in the same templates link.
If you need to maintain the user list from your current system to be imported into the GovQA system, this can be done by creating a “user list report”. Your dedicated GovQA Implementation Engineer will help set permissions, notifications, and other user-level preferences that ensure the highest level of efficiency dependent on user role.
- From the admin dashboard, click on REPORTS at the top-right.
- Click on the “Users List,” select the “All Time” radio button, check all of the boxes except “Include Deactivated?” and click the Generate button.
- This will export an Excel spreadsheet with all system users which can be imported into GovQA by your Implementation Engineer.