Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Explained
Text which can’t be selected by your cursor is not searchable by a computer until it’s converted to recognized characters via the OCR process.
Do More with GovQA’s In-Tool Redaction™
- In-tool Redaction™ from GovQA allows the redaction process to happen within the GovQA software, increasing security and reducing steps to successful redaction
- Easily collaborate and generate an audit log
- Retain attachments on emails imported for redaction (most file types compatible)
- Batch collate all email attachments into PDFs along with the emails themselves and redact en masse (as a packet)
- Redaction functions include:
- Bulk Redact
- Text Search
- Pattern Matching
- Redact Similar
- Exemption Tracking
- Responsive Records Packeting (combine multiple attachments into one responsive packet)
DID YOU KNOW? Some FOIA software companies take shortcuts with their redaction tools by linking to out-of-the-box Adobe redaction tools instead of going the extra mile to create their own tool set. Why should you care?
Using Adobe redaction (instead of an in-tool solution like GovQA) breaks the audit trail the moment users open Adobe — and it opens a hole in the security when users upload and download files to and from Adobe.
See GovQA In Action
Interested in how GovQA can help you reduce request volume? Contact GovQA for more information about our Deflection technology today!