GovQA’s forward-thinking information exchange solution for simplified public records compliance is adaptable and continuously updated with proactive enhancements based on changing laws — some which significantly expanded the types of records that law enforcement agencies are required to release.
New laws can require public access to several types of peace officer personnel records previously available only through court proceedings (and the new laws can be retroactive). GovQA is monitoring changing public safety legislation across the US. Ask us if your state or local government might be facing new public records requirements related to:
- Investigative reports
- Photos, audio, video, transcripts
- Autopsy reports
- All materials compiled & presented to DA
For some Public Safety Organizations, we developed a special compliance package that includes:
- Built-in deflection methods specific to the new laws that make it possible to avoid many requests before they’re submitted.
- Redaction software to mask sensitive personnel info directly within the system.
- Automatically send staff alerts prior to deadline and requester notices while records are withheld.
- Automatically create activities to check whether criminal investigations remain open, then disclose or continue to withhold as the law mandates.
- GovQA’s Fortress Security on Microsoft Azure Government for CJIS compliance.
- Proactive page setup: release retroactive records.
Interested in how GovQA can help you more easily comply with new and upcoming laws in YOUR state? Contact GovQA for more information today!