Public Records Requests – ALL STATES
CHANGING LAWS AFFECTING PUBLIC SAFETY
Compliance Solutions for Law Enforcement PRR
GovQA’s forward-thinking information exchange solution for simplified public records compliance is adaptable and continuously updated with proactive enhancements based on changing laws. We’re keeping an eye on laws affecting public safety organizations (some which have significantly expanded the types of records that agencies are required to release); and developing solutions.
New laws across the country can require public access to several types of peace officer personnel records previously available only through court proceedings (and the new laws can be retroactive). GovQA is monitoring changing public safety legislation across the US. Ask us if your state or local government might be facing new public records requirements related to:
- Investigative reports
- Photos, audio, video, transcripts
- Autopsy reports
- All materials compiled & presented to DA
If you’re a Public Safety Organization, ask us about our special Compliance Solutions for Law Enforcement PRR that include:
- Built-in deflection methods specific to the new laws that make it possible to avoid many requests before they’re submitted.
- Redaction software to mask sensitive personnel info directly within the system.
- Automatically send staff alerts prior to deadline and requester notices while records are withheld.
- Automatically create activities to check whether criminal investigations remain open, then disclose or continue to withhold as the law mandates.
- GovQA’s Fortress Security on Microsoft Azure Government for CJIS compliance.
- Proactive page setup: release retroactive records.
Interested in how GovQA can help you more easily comply with new and upcoming laws in YOUR state? Contact GovQA for more information today!
Right click the infographic above to download it for personal use. Or use the share buttons below to post the image to social media.